Few times per year I need to upload some AIR apps into apple app store. As I am not doing it regularly, I keep forgetting the necessary steps and it takes noticeable amount of time to figure out all the glitches that I keep hitting. I will try to keep this post actual at least regarding to my own app store experience.
Uploading .ipa to app store
- go to iTunes Connect web, Manage Your Apps and select the app
- Add Version and make it Ready to Upload Binary
- on Mac Open Application Loader app
- log in using iTunes credentials
- click Deliver Your App
- choose an application from a drop down (your app is available as long as it is Waiting For Upload in iTunes Connect web)
- click Choose… and select the app-store.ipa
- wait a few minutes while your application is being uploaded
What might go wrong
Since AIR 3.5 (apple requirement) some launch images are required (Defaultemail@example.com, Default-Portrait.png, Default-Portrait@2x.png, Default.png, Default@2x.png). In case you miss Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org e.g. you may see status Invalid Binary. Read more about it articles Deploying AIR Apps on iPhone 5, App Launch (Default) Images, Application icons.