At the same time I released YCanvas, I have spotted an interesting starling experiment. I realized I can do this for YCanvas easily with Remotair. Remotair is a concept of transmitting device inputs (gestures, accelerometer, camera etc.) into receiving flash or AIR application. Consists of one transmitting app installed on a mobile device or a tablet and one receiving app running on a PC. In order to pair transmitting and receiving application, RTMFP protocol is used. Implementing remotair reciever into any flash application takes only a few minutes, I spent much more time on touch + multitouch implementation with transitions. At the end of the day, I was able to remote controll YCanvas application with BlackBerry Playbook.
If you want to try it yourself, YCanvas application is available on ycanvas.yoz.sk/remotair, and you can download free Remotair app for Playbook or Android devices from markets. Source is available on ycanvas.yoz.sk.
- download Remotair application to your device
- open and click connect, you should recieve a channel id (e.g. 1008)
- open ycanvas.yoz.sk/remotair on your pc
- notice white TextInput on top-right position, insert channel id (e.g. 1008) and press enter.
- device get paired with your pc and after that you should se “Touch” option in Remotair application, click it to open Touch view
- use one-finer or two-finger gestures to remotely move, rotate and scale application on a pc