Publish Your AIR Applications To Facebook

Hi folks! Today, while mounting some of my projects into AIR, I realized that it would be great if I could pusblish AIR badges over Facebook. You know what? That is possible! I have created a simple flex application + facebook application that, based on parameters, generates AIR badge for an app. Now its time to share the stuff with you, feel free to publish your AIR badges, and let me know how do you like it.

How to use it?

1. Use application inserted below, or open (and bookmark) it in new window, or use AIR publisher facebook application
  2. click connect (if using facebook application it connects you automatically)
  3. fill desired parameters (click “fill example” button to demonstrate working parameters for one of my applications)
  4. click “publish” button
  5. wait for Alert with publishing status (displays post id if succeeded)

By default it publishes AIR badge directly into your facebook stream (wall), plus if you click “Like” on my facebook application (facebook restriction), it also publishes the badge into AIR publisher application wall.

How would your facebook post look like?

1. AHMED August 30, 2010 04:53

Hey man thanks for project and i want ask u if there any easy way to make face book application
    like some application that we used for quiz and jocks and some funny stuff can u show us one these ways plz

Thanks

2. Jozef Chúťka September 9, 2010 09:41

Hi @AHMED, yes you can create facebook application, and it is really easy to implement your working app inside facebook iframe canvas, please read articles:

3. MauroX December 21, 2010 19:03

If I’m logged in with my AIR application, I can post on my wall, post photos,
    among other things?, why when I post a picture I get the following error:

SecurityError: Error #3207: Application-sandbox content cannot access this feature.

In my web application I made in AS3 this works fine.

4. Jozef Chúťka December 21, 2010 19:11
  5. cuts December 20, 2011 07:15

Hello, is it possible to post swf or air applications to facebook just as if you were uploading a jpeg?

6. Jozef Chúťka December 20, 2011 10:57

hi cuts,
    you can post facebook feed containing link to .swf. not sure what do you mean by post swf or air applications to facebook… you do not upload these to facebook

7. gopi February 18, 2012 13:51

Hi Jozef,

The suggestion link ( https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/486/ )given by you to play flash on facebook wall directly worked fine by following og tags in html code.

Thank you so much.

-Gopi

8. Jozef Chúťka February 20, 2012 10:40

cool to hear that Gopi, good job