onBoard is a Collaborative (multi-user) painting and drawing application created in flash and php. Anyone can paint, draw, insert images and see other users paint live (feature comming soon). It has been 9 month since I released version 1.0, now there is a new version. A lot of things is changed in 2.0. The most important is UI change, this is my approach to write my first touch-device-ready flash app. I have also rewriten the whole app to pure ActionScript 3.0 (no flex framework used anymore), in order to gain crucial improvements in speed and weight. Every piece of code is optimized for speed. After all the changes, I have been able to keep fps at the rate of 30 in full hd fullscreen resolution (tested in flash debug player v 10.0), with memory consumption only around 30Mb (most of it is bitmapData).
The embed code has been unchanged, so if you have iframe embeds in your sites, it still works.
While there has been some questions about how to embed the application to a webpage, here is the answer:
- run onBoard application
- navigate whereever you like to (position, zoom, rotation)
- click ligh bulb icon in main menu
- click copy to clipboard icon
- now the url pointing to your actual view has been copied to the system clipboard
- open your webpage editor and paste (CTRL + v) the url into iframe src, define iframe width and height to whatever you like
The resulting code should look like:
If you embed onBoard onto your webpage, feel free to contact me about how it works for you, all feedback welcomed… Have fun